Saturday, January 18, 2014

Going to the Gym!

Guess what I did this most magical Saturday?

I went to a gym! And it was awesome! Planet Fitness to be exact!

Truly, I never thought I'd end up being a gym-type person. As far as I'm concerned it's a place where those who bend a little more towards the introverted side don't really care to go. The're full of people, they usually smell... And they look you up and down like you're either the most disgusting thing they've ever laid eyes on or your a piece of meat.

Obviously, I'm not really fond of being looked at in either of these fashions. I'd rather not be looked at much at all.

But the one I joined didn't seem to have much of anything...except great spirited individuals trying their best to stay in or get into shape! It was quite inspiring!

Because this was my first day really at a gym gym I took my sweet time and played around on the equipment rather than taking anything too seriously. I wanted to get a feel for the environment and what I needed to be aware of. I liked that there were places to clean off the equipment at, something everyone does after using something, and the atmosphere was very quiet and very pleasant.

I'm pretty sure I burned some decent calories too! But slow and steady wins the race so I don't plan on going overboard the next time I head there. I want to enjoy the workouts I commit myself to. And...oooohhhhh my gosh! Their massage chairs! I love them!!

I felt so refreshed after the entire workout!!

But I still ate nasty, greasy fast food after XD

Yay me!

But I'm learning and (hopefully) my diet will be improving soon. In the meantime I'm quite proud of myself for taking a leap like this and exposing a side of me that I normally wouldn't around people I don't know. It was a great, judgement-free experience, the one Planet Fitness constantly advertises about, and I'm looking forward to my next excursion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment