Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tumbleweed Tiny House!


This image is courtesy of the website "Tumbleweed".
Retrieved via the "Press Kit"

If some of you haven't already noticed, I'm a dreamer. I dream big and I dream small. I dream away hours of  free time and I'll get a little dreaming done between whatever else I have going on.

This little house here? Another dream of mine. A bit of an expensive dream!

This tiny house is known as the "Elm"
And one of its brethren is already built and currently up for sale for a measly... $55,000?

Now, before you go all bug-eyed, remember! The Tumbleweed Houses To-Go are certified as recreational vehicles and have quite nearly everything (if not all) a travel trailer might have that you'd see going down the road.

You're not getting something that was slapped together. You're acquiring a piece of hand-crafted artwork that was designed to hold up against the elements much like a real house can. It was built by individuals who aspire for the ideal "Mobile Home" in their creations.

As someone who wants to live a more simplistic and minimalist lifestyle this kind of house calls out to me. It gives me the best of both worlds. A place to call "home" that I never have to leave behind when I'm moving. And after being hit by the travel bug I'd like to see a little bit of this world. Or at least the neighboring states.

And what better way to do it than in one of these? It's small, yes. But that's the way I like a home. I don't want clutter, I don't want a lot of stuff. And I can park this baby 

And when you'd rather rent parking space instead of a room or an apartment, what better way to travel?

Of course, I can't possibly afford this now... But sometime in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment