Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dream Journal: Molly

Her hair was a rich dark chocolate, her paws were far too big for her small body. She had ears that flopped with every energized step she'd take and she only answered to one word.

Molly.

Molly somehow became my dog last night. A petite, but limber chocolate lab that was right at home in the construction site that was to be mine and Jaku's future apartment. The little pup had already garnered so many folks' attention. Her obsession with the unknown and delight for adventure took the form of her speedy little tail zipping back and forth.

It was all so real. The construction noises downstairs, the way Jaku and Ecati worked on the place. And her. That little bundle of love that we weren't all too sure could live with us there. And if she couldn't live with us there, well, I didn't want to live there at all.

Because Molly was my little girl. And my heart ached when I awoke to find that my puppy was no more than a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment