Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lazy Saturday Morning... Or was It?

In general, most society views laziness as something to be frowned upon.

A few hours, perhaps more, that are filled with nothing, but idle hands and an open mind.

And yet, as a writer, I find that these times can bring upon a well of creative inspiration if done just right.

For example...

Instead of cleaning up my room, an activity I gladly fulfill nearly each morning, I went on a long and laaazy walk over to the local park. And at this park I took my ever so sweet time wandering on random paths or cutting through grassy slots of land. I weaved in between trees and let the cold winter air soak into my consciousness.

It was I, a lone youngster on the swings and two dog walkers that claimed that park.

I loved each and every moment of it.

Because it was in this lazy Saturday morning that I turned on my music and found the most eerie soundtrack I could. I continuously paced the public territory until the lass on the swings had gone and took my rightful place on one of the four available.

And there I lost myself in an ocean of plots and characters.

I haven't done something like that in so long...

Laid claim to a morning just like that.

A lazy Saturday morning indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment