Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Migraine Magic!

There is nothing more wickedly powerful at putting a pause on your day than a migraine.

And the more time I take learning about this fiendish devil the more I've come to respect its power over me when it comes a callin'.

This morning when I woke up I was feeling...pretty bad. I had a variety of symptoms that I thought were due to the weather fronts coming in. Recently things have been pretty mild around here. Nothing too cold, no rain.

But I woke up experiencing:

Headache
Shoulder and neck pain
Bright light irritation
Major sinus pressure
Nausea

Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper. But I took my allergy meds and thought: "Oh. It'll be fine."

And then when I went outside to take Jaku to work...Wham-O!

Wall of fog right down the street!

So my first impression was: "Oh! Okay! So this is totally the weather's fault! I'm just experiencing some sort of allergy problem. No biggie. Meh. It'll go away when my allergy meds kick in..."

But after three hours I was feeling no better and now I was avoiding loud sounds...

So I did some research while updating the older blog posts and found this little jewel:

Sinus Headaches and Migraines 

I'd actually been looking up what weather pressures could do to your sinuses and found that nifty image located on The Asthma Center page.

I couldn't believe, after all this time, I thought all this was due in part to my allergies!!

A little more research and I found this handy little "How To"

Even then I was still hesitant to believe I had a migraine... For some stupid reason.

And said to myself "Well, I'm not experiencing all these symptoms in the cute little image on the How To! Fatigue, yeah. Moody? Only a little... Just a tiny bit of neck pain!

But, hey! No diarrhea!

...

I have learned my lesson now. I will not tempt fate again >>;;


The good news is I'm pretty sure I know what my serious headache problem has been for...what...? Over half my life?

WHY DID NO ONE POINT SOMETHING LIKE THIS OUT TO ME BEFORE?!

Okay. Breathing.

I'm good.

And...yeah. So my day was pretty much shut down by a magical migraine of mischief and mayhem. But the great news is that, besides being a little sleepy, I'm feeling pretty spiffy!

So I plan to get some shut-eye tonight and hopefully I'll be all up to par in the morning.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment