Thursday, February 27, 2014

Diary of a Battle Cleric

"Diary of a Battle Cleric" was actually written a few years back when I first tried D&D with some friends. So, you'll have to forgive me if this isn't very well done. Enjoy! XD

-After the Bloodbath-
Beginning my new life in The Tower and a Journey of Closure. Sort of.

Although I insisted that my psychotic episode was only a temporary transition from the horrific massacre of everyone I’d ever loved at the Monastery to the fresh, wholesome life in my new home the kind Tower Psychologist overlooking my case was quite firm in my keeping some sort of diary. Not used to such log-keeping, I contended that it would only inhibit me in my daily routine and at first outright refused. It was then that I realized how clever mages can be with memory manipulation.

And so as I cradled myself on the floor, engulfed in the stench of burning bodies and my dear sister’s head laughing maniacally at me, I decided to withdraw my previous claim and assured her I would write in it whenever possible. And that I would never be late to any of our meetings. Ever. So here I find myself, with little booklet in tow and pen ready to recollect yesterday’s adventures with the feisty rogue, Raine and the wryly wizard Wing.

It began around morning, where upon I was summoned to the Headmaster’s office and met with Wing. We had encountered each other once before, during the burning of the Monastery and overall genocide of my now undead people, but I was a bit preoccupied at the time. We greeted one another and turned to the dwarven elder that was the lead man of all Tower operations. With condolences, he spoke of the individuals who had escaped from the Monastery. I would have been relieved, but being horrific abominations of nature and it being mine and Wing’s mission to hunt them all down my optimism was low.

Hearing that there was one more individual in our party, Wing led the way to the rogue Raine’s room. I had thought I’d heard quite a bit of rustling from within and when we knocked I was quite surprised to find a rather bare young woman answering. Covered only in what appeared to be a sheet she greeted us with exuberance, if not slightly fatigued. Wing acted rather casual about the situation and I decided to admire the Tower’s architectural ceiling. Quite lovely, really. After Wing was done and the door was closed once more he and I opted to get some breakfast. I made certain to continue admiring the architecture as Raine’s bedfellow galloped down the stairs in even less than what she had previously been wearing.

Taking in my new environment Wing gave me a quick run-through of basic places I needed to know while we waited on our third party member. It wasn’t too long before she appeared, this time fully clothed and happy to share our breakfast. I greeted both her and her little pet warmly, quite delighted to have individuals around me who could take my mind off of my recent…devastating…loss…

OH MY DIETIES, THEY’RE ALL GONE!! THEY’RE ALL GONE AND THEY AREN’T COMING BACK!! THOSE BLOOD-SUCKING FIENDS, CULTIC DEMON-WORSHIPERS!! MAY ARGENTIS FOREVER EMBED THEIR VERY BODIES IN THE TORMENTS OF THE HELLS!! MAY THEY BURN FOR WHAT THEY’VE DONE!! BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRNNNNN!!!!

Oh. Oh my. I’m sorry. I don’t know where that came from. Anyways…
We all had a lovely breakfast and headed out towards the poverty-stricken outskirts of town. As we got closer to our destination we found there was great devastation surrounding a few of the streets. I took rather close note of this, thinking that perhaps my old friends may have been a part o f the cause to all the destruction. Wing seemed rather preoccupied with his thoughts, but I passed his indifference off as battle preparation. On the other hand, I couldn’t put my foot on why Raine’s eyes kept shifting back and forth. More battle preparation, I figured.

We’d finally reached the building the Headmaster had stated was in question and as requested guards were stationed faithfully around the half-hazard. The structure really was quite damaged and appeared to me that with one miss-step could come toppling down. Of course, as with all Tower business this was the least of our concern. We made our presence known to the guards and took a quick look-around the outer building. With no more to do we strolled right on in and began our search.

Besides the mangled mounds a flesh tied to the ceilings and littered about the beds it had the charm of a noble cottage once nestled in the quiet country. My companions were more interested in the trap door hidden nearby. I quickly offered my assistance with opening the grate and it was nearly accepted. But as Wing pointed out that doors often did not close properly once a battle hammer was rammed right through them we went with lock-picking.


After Raine took care of our little lock problem the wizard summoned an invisible minion to lead us in, complete with invisible arm for torch. It was a rather narrow passage we were led down

No comments:

Post a Comment