Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Peppermint, Nettle Pots & Heating Pads: Oh My!

Today was a terribly fun affair as my sinuses pushed down their bitter pill of pain.

I swallowed it up and continued on, hopeful that something would cause it to stop. And after numerous trials of different home remedies and store bought products for sinus pressure and pain I've found a few that help take off the edge.

Breathing in peppermint really opens up your nasal passages, bringing a temporary reprieve from the constant pressure. However, this cure only lasts for a half hour at most. I was using pure peppermint oil for this remedy. And though it was the best aroma ever... It didn't provide the relief I was looking for long term.

The nettle pot that I purchased was shaped, like most are, kind of like a tea pot. I created a saline solution previously myself (just mild salt water), but this time around the nettle pot I bought had a solution with it. I tried it out and pressed the nozzle to my nose. In went the water, up my nostril and out the other side. It wasn't very pleasant, but I could breathe a whole lot better after that. I still can to a degree even now... But it did very little for the sinus headache I was hoping it would hold at bay.

Once I had finished running some errands with HanaChana she allowed me the use of her neck massage pillow. I wrapped that around me, put a heating pad atop it and watched Totoro and for the most part that was enjoyable. Again, it didn't do much for the headache that's still with me.

So... I'm hoping to go to bed early tonight and maybe some sleep might help me feel better tomorrow. If not... back to the ol' drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment