Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sinus Headache from Hell & Lemons!

It's almost four in the morning.

I'm exhausted.

My face is soaked and I'm breathing heavy.

Can anyone guess what I've been up to..?




If you guessed "Your head's been under a sheet and your face has been stuck in a glass bowl full of steaming hot lemon water for a half hour"

Well, you'd have guessed right!

This story starts about two hours ago around two in the morning. I woke up to a hotter than normal bedroom and enough sinus pressure to make my eyes bulge for weeks. I sat up, holding back a groan as my nose sought out the source of its troubles.

It just so happened to be breathing in its dog kennel near the end of the bed. The precious Australian Shepherd that hasn't had a bath in ages... Was giving off a stink so fierce that I was reaching for the nearest window and shoving my face through it.

When that didn't work I decided to let her out a little early. She was waaaay too warm in the bedroom and it was pretty nice outside this particular evening. Needless to say, she was happy to get out of the stifling hot room and into open air.

Unfortunately I couldn't join her.

So I opened up all the windows and let some fresh air in to me. And set about trying to get rid of my sinus pressure and the horrid headache that had come in with it. Cue me on Google, seeking out home remedies for both pressure and headache...

And then I found a couple of lovely gems!

Not only is steam great for alleviating sinus pressure, but adding lemons to it can also clear out some nasty stuff up in your nasal cavity. So up went my makeshift tent after I had boiled some water and added some fresh lemons into it...

I brought the metal bowl close to my face and breathed in deep for a good, long while. And poof! Not too much longer after that I felt the pressure alleviating and the pain subsiding. And my pores enjoyed the lemon water too!

Not wanting to waste any bit of what I'd made I headed over to the shower and stepped in, pouring the lemon water over my  feet. Hey, if it can help my sinuses it wouldn't harm my feet any!  And with all that done I made myself one more thing. A simple glass of lemon water for myself to drink. It didn't taste very good, but it's supposed to help as well.

So...that was my very, very early morning regimen. And I'm thinking of making it a weekly event... Only...at a more reasonable hour.

So now it's time for me to go back to bed.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment