Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tough Times, Tough Cookie

Life has a way of testing us.

Testing our limits, our exposure to this earth.

It wants to see if we have what it takes to succeed. To endure.

It wants to know if, with a little pressure, we'll crumble to pieces.


No one ever said life would be easy and though at times it can be it won't last.

This is a solid lesson I have learned. Nothing lasts. Nothing is ever permanent.

And that means that the tough times are never permanent either. In some way and some form they will also give, relenting to better moments for us to enjoy... However brief they may be.


Right now life is testing me.

Currently I hold around ten dollars to my name.

Not nearly enough to pay the bill that was due yesterday. Still unpaid today.

This is new territory for me. Ever since I joined the work force in high school I've always been able to pay my bills and pay them on time. This time things are a little different and I face a new world of choices. These bills are coming in and I have no money to pay them.

Yet.

Because I believe in myself and my actions I know I will be bringing in money soon.

I won't panic, I won't fret. I will take life as it comes at me and accept that because of the decisions I have made I'm definitely taking the path less traveled.

The question here is:

Will I make it?

Or will I crumble against life's pressures?

I'm not the toughest cookie, but I'd like to say that I'm pretty tough.

And I know I'm going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment