Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Victorian Un-Ringlets

After numerous videos and tutorials on how to create Victorian Ringlets I had decided to try it on myself. I've always liked the look and figured if people on the internet can do it, by golly, so can I!

Turns out I can if I don't decide to brush my hair right after XD

Okay, it's a little more complicated than that.

You see, I had just gotten out of the shower when I decided I'd try the older style of using rags to create ringlets. You need only have your hair wet and parted in the ringlet size you want, you wrap your hair around the rag and then you tie it up so it remains curled around the rag. Then you normally want to give your hair eight hours to dry, which is why you usually do this hairstyle before bed.

I decided to do it at one in the afternoon and take it out at three.

Needless to say the curling situation did not go exactly as planned.

While some of the curls were absolutely lovely, the ones in back that I had lost patience with in the beginning were not coming out of the rags very easily. It probably hadn't helped that I had to knot the rags to keep them from coming undone, but what was I to do with only myself and no assistance?

Keep my patience, act like an adult and carry on with my dignity still intact?

Tch, Noooo~

Cue me running scissors through my hair hastily cutting way at the rags trapped in the tangles I'd so perfectly accrued there.

Of course I eventually freed my tattered mane and looked at my work. For a first time effort it wasn't so bad and I really liked how the front turned out. The back...?

Not so much.

In closing, I will not be posting up pictures of my efforts. So here's to next time...

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment